Managed Services (or Managed IT Services) is a term used to describe outsourcing certain functions to an external company for a flat-rate monthly fee.
The Managed Service Provider (MSP) assumes ongoing responsibility for monitoring, managing and/or problem resolution for selected IT systems and functions on your behalf.
The external company typically manages some or all of the following items:
- Computer hardware
- Network infrastructure – switches & routers
- Notebooks & netbooks
- Tablets & smartphones
- Computer software
- Databases and productivity tools
- Data backup
- BDR (backup and disaster recovery)
- DRaaS (disaster recovery as a service)
- Managed storage
- Data leakage prevention
- Help desk services for individual users and PC issues.
- NOC (network operations center) services for network alerts and troubleshooting.
- Broadband connectivity, telepresence, video conferencing, unified communications and more.
Offloading routine infrastructure management to an experienced Managed Service professional lets you concentrate on running your business, with fewer interruptions due to IT issues. Caffeinated offers three separate managed services plans wherein we assume the ongoing responsibility for monitoring, managing and handling your technology.
Our ‘Economy’ managed services plan is the perfect choice if you’re starting to require more assistance than an internal IT staff can handle. We:
- Hold semi-annual vCIO meetings wherein we strategize and plan to help you reach your goals and objectives while staying within budget.
- Keep up with best practices and alignment your technology with our comprehensive standards to achieve optimal performance.
- Take control of desktop and server remote management to make sure your critical systems function properly.
- Keep an eye on everything from performance monitoring to major software patch management to anti-virus software management to network/internet performance monitoring.
- Respond within 3 business hours to all issues or questions you and your staff members may have.
Our ‘Economy Plus’ managed services plan is the perfect choice if you’re looking to take it a step further – strategizing more and taking security seriously. We include everything in the plan above, plus we:
- Hold quarterly vCIO meetings to take an in-depth approach to strategizing – saving you even MORE money and aligning your technology with your goals and objectives.
- Keep your firewall up-to-date and working properly with firewall maintenance, monitoring, and patch management.
- Make sure your email is accessible during disaster with email continuity so you can keep communicating, no matter what.
- Safeguard against frustrating spam with spam filter management to reduce risks of phishing attacks.
- Provide help desk support around-the-clock 24/7, 365 days a year, you have access to our help desk support team.
- Respond within 2 business hours to all issues or questions you and your staff members may have.
- Provide end-user online support wherein your staff can access support securely through the web.
Our ‘Fully Managed’ managed services plan is the perfect choice if you’re ready to fully leverage technology for growth and success. We include everything in the two plans above, plus we:
- Hold monthly vCIO meetings to go even further in depth, essentially acting as a member of your team to help you leverage technology strategically and save money.
- Make sure your business operates during disaster with disaster recovery (from 250GB to 46TB) to back up all of your critical information and applications.
- Provide onsite proactive and reactive support wherein we come onsite to reduce the risk of issues – proactively maintaining systems or react immediately to resolve issues.
- Support third party applications to help you configure, setup, and leverage applications or train your staff members to use them properly.
- Respond within 1 business hour to all issues or questions you and your staff members may have.
Why Do You Need Managed Services?
Similar to large enterprises, small businesses depend on technology to operate efficiently. However, you simply don’t have the resources to handle the day-to-day responsibilities of keeping your IT at it’s best. That’s why managed services are a great choice – letting you rest assured knowing someone is proactively maintaining your technology to prevent issues – instead of simply reacting to issues as they arise.
We stay ahead of important tasks, including backups, patches, and security, in order to prevent emergency problems that end up being extremely costly down the road. If an issue does occur, our team is experienced enough to handle it quickly. Essentially, we act as your entire IT department for a fraction of the cost of hiring your own.
Plus, you retain full visibility into the process and management of your systems; and with the predictable flat-rate monthly fee, there’s no need to worry about surprise invoices at the end of the month. You simply budget for your monthly fee – and there’s no shocking hidden costs. It’s a win-win situation.
“But My Technology Works Just Fine!”
Sure, your technology might be working fine… there’s some issues now and then, but it’s technology and it’s not foolproof! You might be right… but those issues cost you money: paying unproductive employees, being charged by the hour for troubleshooting, and potentially losing valuable business opportunities.
Why not simply avoid those issues from the start? Plus, when you outsource certain IT functions, you take advantage of an entire team of skilled professionals who can help you find more efficient ways of running your company through the use of technology. If you think your technology works just fine, answer these questions:
- How did the last test restore of your backups go?
- Have you checked that your servers and desktops are up-to-date?
- When was the last time you experienced malware infection?
- Are your employees struggling with technology problems they haven’t told you about?
Employees are truly the biggest expense of almost every company, and everything listed above affects productivity.
What’s the Cost?
We know technology can be expensive, but when it’s well-managed, you get a better return on your investment – actually reducing costs and making your company more profitable! Managed services are available for one flat monthly fee. Everything is covered!
- Reduce HR burdens, improve productivity, and stay efficient with stable technology. These benefits alone save up to 30% per month in operating costs!
- Prevent downtime; because when the Internet doesn’t work or malware infection occurs, you’re unable to get work done; causing you to lose revenue.
- Receive unlimited support as your monthly bill is based on the number of machines under management, not the number of hours of support you require.
- How do we do that? We proactively manage your technology to reduce the amount of issues – so we’re not too worried about offering unlimited support.
The question you’re thinking… do managed services really save money? Aside from improved productivity, less downtime, and reduced HR burdens, managed services result in longer lifespan of equipment, so you won’t have to upgrade your systems as often!
Why Caffeinated Computer Consulting?
We bring value to each and every company we work with – and if we break down the value, it all comes down to these benefits: cost and relationship:
- Cost: As you’ve noticed, we save you money and get you a greater return on your technology investment.
- Relationship: Your needs, wants, and requirements are first and foremost – we make you a top priority.
Above all, we bring you experience, knowledge, and unsurpassed quality managed services that help you reach and exceed the goals you’ve set. We want you to build a strong relationship with us, communicate with us, and help us help you take your company from where you are, to where you want to be.